original tune TIME TO PARTY

Defiantly needed more cowbell on the intro!
Seriously! :D
During some of the transitions too, where the vocal keeps repeating, like at the end.

I like this song...it has that Ian Hunter vibe...old-school, early 70's R&R. :cool:

There seems to be some timing sync-disconnect though in a couple of spots...like when the leads were playing (maybe it was just the way the transition went).
Would like the drums just a little more punchy...the guitars are eating them up.

What type of feedback do you want?

Are you looking for mix critique?
Performance feedback?
Song structure feedback?

Song itself is fun, however the mix is hard to listen to. I wouldn't even call this a demo quality yet.
Rhythm guitar playing is good. Live recorded guitar tone is usable but scratchy when listening on good monitors and basically dominating the mix..
Drums are small, dry and thin without any punch.
Bass is so low it doesn't translate even with a sub.

My primary advice would be to re-focus on the vocals/ vocalist. They/he are very pitchy throughout the whole song and often off tempo. Off-key vocals can take the credibility of music down many notches and makes a fun song hard to listen to. Guitar solo seems like a totally random 'jam' without any direction. It also takes away from the fun vibe. It would benefit the song to hear a thought out solo section to compliment the song melody or structure.

Great start on a great tune...lots to work on still.

Much respect and blessings!

Yeah there is some weird timing thing in the chorus after "get high" - with the lyrics I would think the vocal performance should be a little more intense? Seems to drag a little during the solo when it seems like it should really start driving.

On the second chorus I think you probably want some gang vocals to make it bigger.

$0.2 YMMV

Yeah. Just piling on the above comments. The vocals are not too bad. The singers voice reminds me of Ray Davies. A little pitchy in spots. The timing issues on the lead section is where it turns into a train wreck. I would want the lead player to think a little more of what he's playing and not so much about how many notes can he possibly fit into a measure. It could be a REAL fun tune with some thought and work.

Back