Organ Sync - PLz help

Hashoma

Hello all
i have Creative Audigy platinum and korg Tritton

i want to make a sync between the organ and the computer using cakewalk pro audio 9.03

what is the steps needed to make this ? and plz someone tell in case that i want to record the tracks from the organ as MIDI or if i want to record it to wave .

Sorry for my bad English :)

Any help will be appreciated

You have two choices here, to record the output of your keyboard as a MIDI sequence, or to record the actual audio data produced by your keyboard.

MIDI - keyboard connected to sound card with MIDI cable.
===
- Set a track up in Sonar to be recording from whichever MIDI channel the Korg is sending.
- IN will be the SB MIDI port
- Arm the track and record.
- Repeat process for additional tracks (you will need to use unique MIDI channels for each track, otherwise you will lose your sound settings.
RESULT = a bunch of MIDI tracks

AUDIO - keyboard connected to the sound card's line in with a normal audio cable
- Set a track in Sonar to record from your audio line in
- IN will be the SB AUDIO port
- Arm track and record
- Repeat process, (remembering to dis-ARM any previously recorded tracks)

RESULT = a bunch of AUDIO tracks

Now the question for you is - which method is more appropriate for what you are working on?

Personally I try to keep my tracks in the MIDI domain as long as I can as this allows me to change my mind about the sound patch being used, and allows me to come back and edit something if I decide I don't like it!

Hope this helps,

Q.

Back