Opinions on Voodoo mods

I am thinking of getting my 1983 2204 JCM800 50 watt Modded by voodoo amps. When I called them, based on what I was looking to achieve, they suggested the "Jose" Mod. Has anyone here ever had that particular mod done? If so, any samples online I could listen to?

Thanks!

mr. torture said:
I am thinking of getting my 1983 2204 JCM800 50 watt Modded by voodoo amps. When I called them, based on what I was looking to achieve, they suggested the "Jose" Mod. Has anyone here ever had that particular mod done? If so, any samples online I could listen to?

Thanks!

1983....that would be the horizontal inputs .. and not the vertical : inputs, right?

If it is the : inputs, please don't trash another perfectly good amp.

I have no opinion on the modification, I just thought I would toss that out there.

Outlaws said:
1983....that would be the horizontal inputs .. and not the vertical : inputs, right?

If it is the : inputs, please don't trash another perfectly good amp.

I have no opinion on the modification, I just thought I would toss that out there.

Horizontal inputs..

Trashing the amp? Seems too me everyone got those mods in the 80's. Thats the sound I am looking for. The pro's do it all the time, would you say they are trashing their amps?

mr. torture said:
Horizontal inputs..

Trashing the amp? Seems too me everyone got those mods in the 80's. Thats the sound I am looking for. The pro's do it all the time, would you say they are trashing their amps?

Yes. They were all junkies and that was the 80's when they were still making the amp. If you mean "pros" today are still modding the thing, they are not pros, there are no pros. Rock is dead.

:D

Seriously, I just hate to see perfectly good vintage amps get tinkered with when the amp didn't get famous for the mod, but for the original sound.

But mod away since it is the horizontal model.

Outlaws said:
Yes. They were all junkies and that was the 80's when they were still making the amp. If you mean "pros" today are still modding the thing, they are not pros, there are no pros. Rock is dead.

:D

Rock is dead, nice then why even own a quality amp? You make little sense friend.

Seriously, I just hate to see perfectly good vintage amps get tinkered with when the amp didn't get famous for the mod, but for the original sound.

But mod away since it is the horizontal model.

Vintage amps sucked, thats why they were modded.

Back