Opinions on Crown PCC-160 Microphone

Ed Dixon

We are considering a Crown PCC-160 for use on two Lecturns at church.

Any others have experience with this mic in a similar use fashion?

Ed

Our challlenge is sound reforcement. The lecterns are at the front of the stage. The speakers are mounted on ceiling, which is almost directly overhead. We tend to get feedback problems any time a mic gets near the front.

As I read about these, they seem well suited to communications between locations where speakers are spread around a table. It's not so clear how well they might work for PA use.

Ed

They'll do the job, but will feedback. I've rarely used them for PA. How high are your ceilings?

It's a boomy room with hard walls and ceiling and seats about 450. Ceiling is probably 30+ feet. Main speakers are three mains hung from center just over front of stage.

We currently have a high quality AudioTechnia condensor mike on each podium. Main problem there is they were installed too low and are proabably nearly 18" from average male speakers mouth. They work well when speakers are close to mic. One simple solution is a goose neck extender for each to get them up to speakers persons level.

The actual podium is quite small, with little surface area. My guess is that a surface mic would likely pick page turning, and other actions from any one using the podium to hold reading/reference materials.

Ed

Back