Opinions on Adam A7 monitors ...

Badtz

I'm currently in the market for some monitors, and I'm having a hard time narrowing down to which one. The one I'm most interested in (and the newest) is the Adam A7.

Has anyone heard these and can comment? How was it?

I'm trying to pick from the following:

Adam A7
Blue Sky ProDesk
Dynaudio BM5A
Event ASP8

:( decisions decisions ...

a7's are fantastic, also any dynaudio product (depending on your application) will produce amazing results too.

Sorry, I can't vouch for the particular models you're looking at, but I've been using a pair of ADAM S3As for 2 1/2 years now & I've been estatic with them! Also, I've heard the Dynaudio BM 15A at a few studios and I've been craving them for a few years now for some alternative monitors!

Anyhow, those are the more expensive models, but I've heard a lot of engineers say positive things about the lower models from both ADAM & Dynaudio, so I don't think you could go wrong with either.

However, I have heard engineers say they find the ADAM ribbon tweeter too bright and hard to get use to, but I didn't experience that and find my Event 20/20s to be significantly brighter... Go figure...

Basically go take a mix of yours and test out the bm5a's and the a7's and see which one is better for you. :)

I've tried a mix (and a retail CD) on the BM5A and the ProDesk, both sound good.

I'm going to try for the Adam A7 and ASP8 next and hopefully that'll clue me in better.

But at the moment, I'm still tossed between those four :(

yikes! :P

Recording Engineer said:
Anyhow, those are the more expensive models, but I've heard a lot of engineers say positive things about the lower models from both ADAM & Dynaudio, so I don't think you could go wrong with either.

However, I have heard engineers say they find the ADAM ribbon tweeter too bright and hard to get use to, but I didn't experience that........QUOTE]

I have also heard some lower line ADAMs and and Dynaudios at friends' studios and find them both to be very fine sounding. They are both smooth sounding compared to my Yorkvilles, and I also did not find the tweeters on the ADAMs to be too bright at all.

My assesment would be either set would serve you well.

The s3a's are great monitors, but in my experience nothing like the little A7's. Personally, I do not care for the A7's that much. In fact, I do not care a whole lot for the whole ADAM line until you get to the S2.5 and S3 lines. I am however a biased Dynaudio fan. I love my BM15's and I loved my BM6's as well. I have to sya that I am not all that impressed with the BM5's, but they still sound pretty good and are a pretty decent price for what you get. I did notice a pretty significant step up in the BM6's from the BM5's though.

Back