Opinions: M-35 or MM-20

Blackdog.sn

Hey,
I'm looking to replace a stereo mixer with one that has more capability. Its come down to the Tascam M-35 and the MM-20 (with expander, and VU's). I think i can deal with the Patching on the MM-20 but what positivies or negatives can you guys point out. Btw, this will be for a 4-track, and a bit of bouncing will be needed to be done.

Any Ideas?

-Blackdog

The M35, all the way.

The M35 is just a higher cut of features and quality than the System-20. You'd need the PE-20 to get the better EQ for the System-20. The M35 is a one package deal, plus it's 8 channels. The System-20 is based on 4 channels. ;)

A Reel Person said:
The M35 is just a higher cut of features and quality than the System-20. You'd need the PE-20 to get the better EQ for the System-20. The M35 is a one package deal, plus it's 8 channels. The System-20 is based on 4 channels. ;)

So the quality really suffers with the MM-20 compared to the M-35 ( for pre's and the such) ?

The only reason i lean a bit towards the MM-20 is that its pretty cheap, and having shipped to where i live would be much cheaper than the M-35 (not even calculating the weight difference)

Not so much lesser sound quality, but features.

The EQ and routing capability is much higher on the M-35. It's a bigger, better mixer, all around.

I have a m308b which is a close cousin. A truly wonderful mixer. Nothing really beats this era for Tascam mixers when it comes to buying something for yourself today. The preamps are top notch, the EQ is very nice, the routings are ultra-flexible, and the QUALITY spanks anything made since. I wouldn't put a contemporary mixer in as my principle mixer before having one of these old Tascams (depending on the model the price is usually much less).

Back