Opinion on the mix/song

Funky, yet smooth. Mix sounds fine from what I hear, the horns are a good addition to the overall funky feel. Peace ;)

Dude... this is a seriously sick mix. Don't know if you picked the beats and samples but that horn sample is awesome. Mix is awesome. Good arrangement too. The only thing I wanted to hear a 1/2 sec delay at the very last line... but thats just cause i'm old school.

zocochico said:
Dude... this is a seriously sick mix. Don't know if you picked the beats and samples but that horn sample is awesome. Mix is awesome. Good arrangement too. The only thing I wanted to hear a 1/2 sec delay at the very last line... but thats just cause i'm old school.

good looking out.

The mix sounds well balanced and all tracks were audible. I love the sexiness of the chicks voice at the beginning, but that is because I am a sexual pervert! :D

wish i could post a .WAV of this track, the mp3 192 compression takes away a lot of the volume of this track, but oh well.. you get the idea..

I haven't looked at the spectrum, but this song has a sort of dull sound (I'm guessing because of the lack of highs...maybe 10kHz-19kHz). Maybe try bringing the highs out on the highhat or horns or add another instrument to fill in the hole. Also, maybe you could add a little reverb on the kick drum (especially early reflections) to make it sound fuller.

yeah , i dont think it lacks highs, its a really strong mix and master i think. but i appreciate the comments and feedback.

the file is a .mp3 192k, which doesn't do full justice to the song and the mix. prob. the reason the high end is lacking a little bit. :)

Nah, at 192k highs (and lows) should sound perfectly fine. Only at or below 128k do things start to noticeably sound different, so I'm pretty sure this is how the song actually sounds. Oh well though, she's your mix.

Oh, if your spectrum viewer or whatever you have lets you choose to display the "power" in decibels, do that. It will let you see more accurately what your ears are percieving.

rocketman768 said:
Nah, at 192k highs (and lows) should sound perfectly fine. Only at or below 128k do things start to noticeably sound different, so I'm pretty sure this is how the song actually sounds. Oh well though, she's your mix.

Oh, if your spectrum viewer or whatever you have lets you choose to display the "power" in decibels, do that. It will let you see more accurately what your ears are percieving.

dont have a spectrum viewer. i hear what you are saying, and no, i am not going for a muddy sound with a lack of high, i just thought from my ears that the highs were cool. but i feel what your saying and will look into it and listen. :cool:

Back