Opinion on finished mix

Great singer and performances. Others might have been tempted to apply reverb here, but you went clean and pristine, so ...IMO.... print it (as per listened on m50 headphones)

I thought this sounded real good. I wouldn't change much.

I thought the vocal was just a wee bit loud.

I thought the trumpet was just a bit harsh. Maybe EQ out a small notch somewhere around 2500hz or so. But a small cut and very narrow.

That's it. I thought it was nice.

I agree with Trip, vocals a tad loud. Seems like getting the vocal in the same room as the trumpet would give it a bit more ambiance. But overall nice recording and mix. The 2.5K slight reduction that was suggested would smooth out the trumpet, but it wasn't too bad and seems normal for this style.

Thank for a feedaback on this track. Is it ok to deal with those little adjustment regarding 2.5 Khz when mastering ? I was gonna do that there. I' m pretty shure i can arrange it pretty good. Any way it's nice to hear that i'm on the right path.
:)

Thank for a feedaback on this track. Is it ok to deal with those little adjustment regarding 2.5 Khz when mastering ? I was gonna do that there. I' m pretty shure i can arrange it pretty good. Any way it's nice to hear that i'm on the right path.
:)

I would do it on just the trumpet. If the only option is to do it on the full mix, then don't do it. The problem isn't a big one.

Back