Opening SX2 project in SE3

akpcep

Hi guys,

I just bought the Studio Case II so I can work on band tracks at my place rather than the drummers - but we've been using SX2 on his computer and I've just discovered I can't open SX2 files in SE 3!!!

Is there something I'm missing? I can't seem to find any reference to it in the manual - is there some way of exporting audio and midi from SX2 that SE3 will understand?

Hayulp!

It should be able to open the .cpr files.. make sure that the SX2 project file has that extention

Thanks for your reply - it definitely can't. They're .cpr files and it throws up an alert box saying they were created in SX 2 and can't be opened...

Well you can still transfer the wave files for each track recorded in SX2 to your SE, a little more work but it can be done.

Yes, that's what I'm doing right now! Not to worry, I should probably remix them all from scratch anyway - good practice isn't it?

I just had to check there wasn't an easier way than bouncing each track before I got stuck in and felt stupid afterwards!

Im still dont understand why It wont open the project, I started with SE then SL3 to SX3 and all the projects opened..... But then again I was opening up lower versions of project files... I guess it cant go forward. And yes Its always good to rip a new mix when you transfer to a different rig to mix in.

Yes, I think that's the thing - you can probably open SE projects in SL->SX but not the other way round. Not sure why they've done this but I'm sure it's for good reason... make people upgrade perhaps?

You can open SX2 projects in SX3 but not in the SE and SL versions. There are some limitations in the audio engine in the "non-full" versions that wouldn't be able to handle the SX features.

Back