Open Window

jonlint

Hi all,

Here is "Open Window" - a Soundgarden-influenced grunge song. Retracked the vocals today - very difficult to perform this song vocally! Feedback most welcome.

Open Window - YouTube

LYRICS:
My weakness
Opens the hole
Look inside
And see my soul

Oh, I…….can’t close it
Everyone knows it

Open window
To my soul
Look inside
‘N’ take its toll
Friend or foe, it’s hard to know
From the window to my soul
The window to my soul

Close the blind
Alone within
A cry for help
And I’m fooled again

Oh, I…….can’t close it
Everyone knows it

Open window
To my soul
Look inside
‘N’ take its toll
The window to my soul
The window to my soul
To my soul

SOLO

Ohhhhhh, close the window

Open window
To my soul
Look inside
‘N’ take its toll
Open window
To my soul
Look inside
‘N’ take its toll
Close the window!
Break the window!
No more window!

Very nice recording. I thought I was listening to a commercial CD or radio. Everything sounds just right to me.
The vocals rock! What guitar rig are you using?

Very nice recording. I thought I was listening to a commercial CD or radio. Everything sounds just right to me.
The vocals rock! What guitar rig are you using?

Thanks man! Means alot!

For this song, I used my Kemper and guitars are quad tracked. My go to guitar tone is a Choptones Friedman JJ-100 profile pack, and I sometimes layer in different tones such as Diezel or Mesa Boogie. There's not much science - I go with what sounds good by experimentation! It however requires very tight playing to not sound like a bunch of sloppy guitarists playing at once.

Sounds really good and hits the Soundgarden mark for sure.

Mix sounds fantastic. Better than some of their mixes imo. I would say that yours may not have the width by just a little bit. And they have a more organic "live" sound. But it's really close and your song sounds very very good!

Just caught this one. Great tune, man. I always liked Soundgarten's style, and yeah, you've nailed it! The vocals are pretty amazing.

Back