Open to all who are interested.....

That's a great idea BBlak, but it doesn't belong here in the Cakewalk forum . . . perhaps in the homerecording.com CD compilation forum it would generate more interest !!

PAPicker

I frequently visit another BBS for the Roland VS-840 and in doing so, I read a posting that I thought would be an excellent idea. What they are doing is collecting a finished copywrighted song from members who are interested, and putting them together to make a compilation. No particular music-style, just musicians coming together to make a CD. I'm not sure what to do after it is done, but I thought it might be fun for this BBS. I'm sure with all the people here we can do it and could possibly turn into something for someone. If not , we would have a cool CD with original music. Just an idea, let me know what you think. I need all the help I can get.

BBlak

I guess I forgot to mention one thing. I kind of would like it to be all cakewalk recordings.

BBlak

I'll be in it - check out a real Ozzie track done entirely on cakewalk

[This message has been edited by John Sayers (edited 07-09-2000).]

It's tough for me to get very excited about a tool showcase. Take my current main project, for example. Much of the source material was originally recorded to analog 8-track-- so it could vaguely be part of an "analog showcase". I transferred that to my Fostex digital 8-track first, due to system limitations at the time-- so it could be part of a "Fostex showcase". Everything went through the Mackie mixer at least once-- "Mackie showcase"? And I did the half-a$$ed "mastering" in Sound Forge. Cakewalk is only one part of the equation for me.

So, PG are in or out. It doesn't matter that much what you recorded on. I Doubt anyone uses only Cakewalk if they have a choice. We all have our different ways to get to the finished product, but Cakewalk does fit into the equation. I just thought it would be fun

BBlak

Back