Ooh Pa Do

Loved it.

Really just nits, but I'd silence the tiniest bit of noise before it starts, and maybe automate a bit of guitar volume when the vocal starts up again. It felt slightly hesitant of that first chords (3:36-38ish) and "lost a beat" (figuratively) for me in that transition out of the instrumentals.

They must be fun to watch!

Loved it.

Really just nits, but I'd silence the tiniest bit of noise before it starts, and maybe automate a bit of guitar volume when the vocal starts up again. It felt slightly hesitant of that first chords (3:36-38ish) and "lost a beat" (figuratively) for me in that transition out of the instrumentals.

They must be fun to watch!

Kieth, Thanks for your input , yes there is a "Lost beat" coming out of the break right after the start of the second verse I kept hearing what sounded like a tambo hit while I was mixing it and after a while it was driving me bat**** crazy , I know there isn't any tambo in the song , and it was only happening in that one spot. tracked it down to the rhythm guitar tracks and did some clip gain to Take it out ( it was on both guitar tracks ) Both the guitar players were doing something at that spot at the same time (the guitars were recorded direct) most strange . Anyway I guess I was bit heavy handed because my move resulted it the " lost beat" prob go back in and fix it tomorrow .also re look at my other automation. Thanks again

Kieth, Thanks for your input , yes there is a "Lost beat" coming out of the break right after the start of the second verse I kept hearing what sounded like a tambo hit while I was mixing it and after a while it was driving me bat**** crazy , I know there isn't any tambo in the song , and it was only happening in that one spot. tracked it down to the rhythm guitar tracks and did some clip gain to Take it out ( it was on both guitar tracks ) Both the guitar players were doing something at that spot at the same time (the guitars were recorded direct) most strange . Anyway I guess I was bit heavy handed because my move resulted it the " lost beat" prob go back in and fix it tomorrow .also re look at my other automation. Thanks again
I admit to having resorted to a little copy/paste in those cases where a really great performance has one tiny flaw. If there's video, you just pan away for a second ;)

I like the bass playing. But the tone was too buzzy for me. I'd like a cleaner and warmer tone.

The singer's voice was nice. But something about the tone sounded a little sterile. Maybe a notch out in the mid-2Ks or a gentle boost in the 200hz range? Pitch problem at :14? It's an entire half step low - so maybe it was intentional.

An odd sound (on the guitar track I think) at 1:07. Another odd sound at 3:36.

There is a spot or two where the guitar is covering the vocal. Maybe a well placed fader ride or two would handle that.

Way too close! It sounds like everybody is crammed into a phone booth. Get some feeling of a room into it. The buzzy tones would be less of an issue then. It's a cool song. Your players are good. The bass and guitars are not quite tight, for me. The groove could feel more settled.

The nits have been covered pretty well. I have nothing to add there. This really has a cool retro vibe. i enjoyed the tune!

Thanks for all your input so far ,you all brought up very valid points , which I am going to address as much as I can. one off the guitar players is a pick up player ( the one doing the solo , which fits nicely I think ) so that could account for the "unsettled groove " thing you brought up Robus. The band has some different line ups ,and I have recorded a couple of their shows , with each . The second show I did has both of the main stay guitar players , a percussion / Sax / flute player and a different female singer , which I think is the better of the two line ups. I am working on this tune because it was one of the ones that was done only with this line up , and I really like the song . The music that they do is a combination of jazz standards ,swing , and gypsy jazz . So its a little different that what may be normally posted here . Will be putting some more stuff up in the coming weeks.
Thanks again and happy holidays .

Very interesting song. i like the vibe this songs sends out. Agreed on some parts seem to jump a little off but it gives it a little more "human live" feel. The bass sounds pretty cool in this too. Good job.

Cool tune, I agree with Robus it sounds a little crowded, like everything is panned center. Not a big fan of the bass tone-seems to be lacking some low end and conflicts with the guitar a bit imo. Vocals sound well recorded and good performance. There's a few places towards the end of the song where it sounds like a second guitar? Sounds slightly out of tune to me. There's a crackle of some kind at 1:07+2:37+3:36 not sure what it is. This group needs a drummer!

Back