online stores that ship internationally

lucid

i REALLY want to get my hands on a C1... anyone know of any online stores that carry this mic and ship internationally?

cheers

studiocare

Just a word of caution regarding StudioCare:

Maybe they're better with International orders, but I ordered an AKG C414 from them through eBay.
Advertised for £370... then they add over £100 for Tax and Overnight UPS.
I paid with bank transfer the same day and didn't receive my mic for FIVE WEEKS!
I e-mailed them countless times and they ignored every one until I said I had no choice but to report them to eBay. Suddenly they manage to reply.
I paid about £70 for 'overnight' shipping from Liverpool to Glasgow (a three hour drive) which took five weeks and got NO REFUND or apology.

Watch out.

thanks for all the recommendations guys... any stores in the states that ship internationally? because no matter what the american shops always have the best prices...

I think no-one can beat Studiocare's prices. So far I only had VERY positive experience with Studiocare: I dropped them an email and asked for a quote which they've answered almost immediately. They charged me $20 for 3-day shipment from the UK to the US, which seems to be fair. I placed my order per email, paied with PayPal and they shipped the item the same day and sent me the tracking # per email. Perfect customer service in my opinion.

Other stores I have positive experience with are Daddy's Junky Music (Boston store), and of www.musiciansfriend.com , of course. I dunno, though, if they ship internationally.

i wish musiciansfriend shipped internationally! i have ordered from them before but had the packages sent to places in the states for friends to pick up. good company IMHO.

hey, lucid, how's it going? :)

I bought my C1 from Macmidimusic.com through a friend in US and he brought it back with him.

How much are they selling C1 in Dubai? chances are with the shipping and custom cost, you'll end up paying about the same as you can get in Dubai.

If you have friends/relatives from US coming your way, that would be the best choice. :)

BTW, I love my C1!

hey leeking! how have you been? WHERE have you been my man?

they don't sell the C1 in dubai. and, if i do order it, there is no import tax. unlike malaysia where they charged me 50% of the total value when i ordered some computer stuff. bastards. but here there is no tax.

i have ordered from macmidimusic too before. i had my delta 44 sent from there to a friend in the states. no friends in the states now and companies are becoming particularly assholish when you want to use a credit card from a different country and ship it to the states... i suppose their concerns have a basis though.

humbuckermusic.com looks good. but there is no mention of int'l shipping. do i have to email that guy for that?

cheers...

I'm form Sweden, and I also thinking about order gear from the U.S.
Since the FMR RNC is avalible in euro version (240V) at www.bayviewproaudio.com I thought to do a future order from them, they also got the C1 at the regulat street price, 199 dollars.

The prices in Sweden is hysterical on these two items, the RNC is about 380 dollars and so is a C1, this is insane.

What is your experience with bayviewproaudio, and what about order mics overseas (damage to the capsule from the vacum in the airplane cargo???).

Last edited:
how does this work with customs? I just got a new Neumann mic shipped from the UK to the US. I noticed that the box was opened by US costums, but nothing else. Will customs send me an invoice???

I don't know how much custom will cost, but I've done some math and come to the conclusion that order three RNC's will cost as much as two in Sweden, but this includes shipping costs and the swedish killer tax at 25%.

I've previusly ordered some Gigasample CD's from northern sound source in Canada and only one of them where charged with the hefty 25% tax, since it was shipped with UPS.
But since we are talking about bigger package, it might not be an issiue.

good luck flames....

they might not check all the packages, and sometimes you get lucky.

giganova: from my experiences they don't give you the package until you pay. usually at the post office.

cool lucid, seems like I got away with taxes, which is great coz Neuman mics are not exactly the cheapest :-))

Back