Online "Blue Book" prices for used gear.

Scooter B

Okay I have spent over an hour searching this whole BBS because I found it here once before and bookmarked it...but that was before my hard drive died....

Anyway I know there was at least one site a guy maintained that tracked sale prices of used recording gear and musical instruments from several online sources (e-bay, digibid and others).

I have also spent another hour googling and dogpiling for it or something similiar. Nothing but links to buy books etc.

I am in the market for either a used Taylor or Larrivee in the $1,000-$1,2000 price range...I jsut need to get a fair market value and ideally something in print in case everyone is asking too much.

Besides going off a 50-60% off MSRP rule of thumb how do I prepare to make a good deal?

I tried Pre-Pal but no listing for Taylor or Larrivee...mostly electronic music gear.

they call it: www.ebay.com .... :-)

forget the blue-book or the Vintage Guides ... the prices there and what you pay/get on e-bay fluctuate quite a lot ... e-bay is what you really get/pay ... the rest is theory

bye
alfred

Back