One Thing- Finger Eleven

Nice, vocals sound great but are too quiet, and it seemed like they were missing from the centre of the mix a bit - to my ears they wanted to be more front and centre. I don't think the soundcloud player was doing you justice either - it might be my connection, but it sounded extra MP3ish, if that makes any sense? And I was gagging for the big, thunderous drums to kick in too!

Nice, vocals sound great but are too quiet, and it seemed like they were missing from the centre of the mix a bit - to my ears they wanted to be more front and centre. I don't think the soundcloud player was doing you justice either - it might be my connection, but it sounded extra MP3ish, if that makes any sense? And I was gagging for the big, thunderous drums to kick in too!

Yeah maybe something wrong with your soundcloud connection, I have heavy bottom on the drums listen with a SUB and it`ll knock yah on your ass LOL though I a/b`d this with the original and my ending toms with kick are just slightly less processed than the original and I`m not hearing a thunderous sound in the original either as for vox yeah could come up a touch but they are totally mono and centered, with a send to a widener and delay that is at -24db this is also triple tracked maybe your hearing where I didn`t get a perfect line up with the vox or again could be your connection. Thanks for listening and commenting.

Yeah man, I agree with bensmith. Vocals are too wide and undefined and the kick has no body. Yes there is some sub frequencies but nothing other to drive the tune.

Performance sounds quite good for the most part. One of the doubled vocals sounds flat tho...

I like the song and your arrangement of it. Good strong vocals.

Some things to think about

1 Like the others, I noticed the strong MP3 swishy flavour which is not nice.

2 I think your voice is stroing enough to carry this song without fancy effects. I like the character of your voice, and I would like to hear it as it is.

3 The kick was strong at first, then became buried as the song went on. This may be a consequence of compression.

4 I think there was bass in there, but if it was there, it really wasn't getting the attention it deserved.

Back