One piece of gear you cant live without!

My ears.

:D

(Earplugs, too.)

My second (or is it 3rd, now???) peice of gear I couldn't live without would have to be my guitar that I built. I just love that thing to death. It's super sweet. This pic is from when I was still building it, but you get the idea.

Attachments

• guitar.JPG
    guitar.JPG
    20.9 KB · Views: 177
Last edited:
sans amp bass di...

maybe seems a little silly, but i've used it
as a bass di
as a git di
as a git or bass distortion stomp box
keyboard di (not quite passable but useable fake leslie distortion)
reamped into it (using it in place of the amp)

thrown it at people..... it goes everywhere.

My Mesa Boogie Quad preamp and modded '87 Charvel.... I think most everything else could be replaced....

I don't think I could "studio" w/o my dual flat screens either.... I Highly recommend them to anyone..... They've really come down in price.

I also love having a control surface.... but they're still not that cheap...

Definitely, in general, my acoustic guitar. There's nothing for me like the sweet sound of an acoustic, steel or gut.

For a particular brand item, I'd have to say my little Yamaha dd55 digital drum kit. As an able drummer with no room at all for a kit in my studio, I've always been frustrated with loops and drum machines. The cheapo 55 has many limitations but no direct competition, and I now enjoy hearing my drum parts, ones that I actually played. A very cool toy.

J.

i lost my love for gear, if the place burned down i couldn't care. now that i know how to get a long with just about anything, it could all be replaced by something else. if it all burned up, at least it wouldn't be so cluttered anymore

Back