One of those "shoot me" deals...

KaBudokan

I just met one of my friend's sons today. Very cool guy, and he's got some nice equipment.

He showed me two of his most recent acquisitions:

An old Fender pedal steel, and an OLD tweed Fender Champ amp - he thought it was maybe a '62 or so. It's one of those with one knob. Both in perfect, original shape, except for the amp, which needed to be retubed.

Total price for both: $20 at a yard sale.

Bastard. :D

I knew one day I would find a reason to start going to yardsales. Thank you. (Now I will probably fill myplace with a bunch of other peoples crap...................)

That's great!

Good for him - but now he's hooked and will be a yard sale junkie for the rest of his life.

;)

foo

so what's wrong with yard sales??? I furnished my whole studio for under $150.

That includes: very nice couch and footstool for $10, L shaped desk, 4 office style chairs, two book shelves, drink holder (the ones you see in the stores holding gatorade and stuff), and a few other things....all for under $150...whoooo hoooo. I like it.

God Bless!

KaBudokan said:
I just met one of my friend's sons today. Very cool guy, and he's got some nice equipment.

He showed me two of his most recent acquisitions:

An old Fender pedal steel, and an OLD tweed Fender Champ amp - he thought it was maybe a '62 or so. It's one of those with one knob. Both in perfect, original shape, except for the amp, which needed to be retubed.

Total price for both: $20 at a yard sale.

Bastard. :D

>>>THUD!<<<

Thanks a lot, Kabudo. I bruised my jaw when it landed in my desk!

What a deal!

:)

you know I only hear myths and legends about deals like this. I grumble off to yard sales nearly wrecking the car straining to see as I drive by. All I ever see deals on are those old McDonalds looney tunes glasses

Back