one more i promise :) any thoughts?

brummygit

hello all

cheers for feedback on other tune i posted....

i wrote and started recorded this one the other day

its pretty out of time as it stands and the first chorus is very weak, need to play with the melody and dynamics, etc

but...question....can this chune work as a winner or just an album filler?
and what do i need to do to the mixing in general? i tend not to bother with EQ/compression too much, just cos im an amateur and would know where to begin :D

fire away...
cheers

Great tune!

My only comments are the bass is a bit flabby sounding, and the elec guitar is almost drowned out.

Can't wait to hear the finished version.

NL5

With work it could be a good song a very good song. If it was me I'd re-record all of it, with a click.

I'd also add a lead riff in the second verse, but quite low in the mix.

sorry to bump the thread but any more thoughts on this? its coming along nicely, and i like it more with all the changes (ill post a new version up thats actually in time when i get chance) but any more thoughts? any more thoughts on the mix itself?
sometimes i listen to it, the vocals seem too loud. then i listen again a few days later and they're too quiet. same with the guitars. and the bass. in fact, fuck it - everything!
help!! am i insane with deformed ears?

this is a really cool song , i like the idea of the structure you got there... with the way evreything flows with the electrics and acoustics....

this could be a really nice song if done right.

Back