One more from the old days...

daddio307

Another older demo - definitely more rock than the others. Probably the last multi-track song that I recorded in the 80's. I know the recording isn't that great, but I'd like to know what you think of the song. Thanks for your feedback.
(Click the title to listen)

Crush

Last edited:
Just thought I would bump this up and perhaps get just a little feedback, at least on the song. Thanks for viewing.

It's nice to hear some old recordings like this. It has a definite 80s feeling to it. What kind of gear did you use for this? I think the vocals could blend in a bit better, perhaps some compression would be a good thing as there are some obvious peaks here and there. But overall it's a nice song and very impressive as this was obviously before the digital "revolution".

Pretty cool Don. I like this on best of three you put up. Nice chops on the guitar.

I think as a song it's got merit, I like the riff that underpins it and the overall structure is good.
I'd like to know what was used for gear too... what happened to the vocals? it sounds really spread out and processed?

Just recorded it in my dining room with a Tascam PortaII Ministudio cassette recorder. Yamaha RX11 drum machine (no volume/pressure sensitive pads) Yamaha bass, Aria ProII guitar through an original Rockman and my acoustic guitar mic-ed. I might have used my Midiverb for the vocals but didn't have any other sort of compression or processing tools. Carvin condenser mic for the vocals. I'm pretty sure that's it. I sure appreciate the feedback. This is one of those songs that more-or-less just popped out instead of slaving over it for days or weeks (I've done that, too). Now that I have a Boss digital recorder I really want to re-record it and do it right. Thanks again.

Another good pop tune. This has better instrumentation than the last one, but the vocals are still the best part. Yes I would take the time to redo these tunes on your new machine. They are gems that can only benefit from today's better/cheaper recording technology...:D

Thanks for the comments. I can't wait to see what the new equipment (and my increased wisdom, of course) will do.

Back