One added step making a difference?

alanfc2

hi, I was wondering if :

when exporting a single track to wav 16 bit (stereo fullmix)

if it makes a difference to

a)put the effects in the track and export the track alone, unchecking everything related to Busses?

Or

b) Exporting the track with the FX in the Master bus and leaving everything checked

I mean is there an extra calculation Sonar has to make? Does it make a difference soundwise?

thanks

With just one track, it probably won't make much of a difference either way. However, what is the effect?

I usually don't put any effects on the master except maybe a limiter - primarily because it will affect all tracks. With one track, it shouldn't matter much.

With eq, for example, I would put it on the track.

With reverb, I would be more likely to put in on a aux bux and route the track and the aux bus to the Master bus.

Just remember there are no rules, other than doing what sounds good. :)

dachay2tnr said:
With just one track, it probably won't make much of a difference either way. However, what is the effect?

I usually don't put any effects on the master except maybe a limiter - primarily because it will affect all tracks. With one track, it shouldn't matter much.

With eq, for example, I would put it on the track.

With reverb, I would be more likely to put in on a aux bux and route the track and the aux bus to the Master bus.

Just remember there are no rules, other than doing what sounds good. :)

OK thanks. I just didn't know if there was some math involved.

Yes this is its own project file, with the stereo full mix on track 1, thats it
Using EQ, Compressor and Limiter

thanks

Back