Once again

Lomas

Hi

I posted this song almost two years ago, when I was about as good at recording as I am now (which means not good at all!), and I got some comments then that I didn't really understand.

I went and took out a lot of lows from it because I had at least evolved enough to know it had way too much of that going on.

The problem is, I don't have the project anymore, so whatever I do, I do to all of it! I only have it as an mp3, and I'm at work now but it might even be 128 or something. Maybe not.

Anyway, knowing that it can never be very good, I'm still curious to ask if there's anything anyone can think of that could make it even slightly less annoying to listen to?

I have the older version left with al the mud on it if anyone thinks I took too much out.

Thanks for any help! No big deal, I'm just curious. I won't be releasing it on a cd any time soon anyway :)

Edit: Oh sorry, a link would help. And it's a myspace so maybe that ruins it too...anyway.

www.myspace.com/cloudcountry

The balance of the mix isn't horrible now. A bit harsh, but it's not killing me. But why not just re-record it? The biggest problem with the mix (to me) is that the slide/dobro-ish guitar part is more off than on in terms of pitch. You've got a good voice that I doubt you've lost in the past 2 years... take a do-over. :D

I agree. I retrack songs all the time. In fact I am retracking and mixing one right now that I did more than a year ago. You learn things, you try them out. Retrack it. If it's worse than the first time, you can delete it. But I don't think it will be.

I'd probably keep this anyway, but re-tracking can be cool. Since you've probably learned some things over the past couple of years, the results are bound to be improved...And you might have some cool new gear you want to try out!

This mix is actually okay. Balnced well, not too much bottom end. I find there's some sibilance on the vocals. The slide is a tiny bit flat but I still would love to play ANY slide that well...lol. You have a very smooth, relaxing voice. I like that.....suits the genre well.....

:D :) :D :)

Thanks. Yeah I will retrack it at some point, but right now I have maybe one hour in a week that I can record anything at all, so it's gonna be very frustrating to try to get anywhere.

And I know about the "slide", I'm really not a good guitarplayer yet.

Back