Onboard and Delta 44 at the same time?

royharper3220

Ok, this has probably been asked a million times already but can I run my on board sound card and my Delta 44 at the same time? I'm guessing not because the on board disappears when I install the Delta.

If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap yet decent soundcard I can get for movies and games?

Ok, this has probably been asked a million times already but can I run my on board sound card and my Delta 44 at the same time? I'm guessing not because the on board disappears when I install the Delta.

If not, does anyone have a recommendation for a cheap yet decent soundcard I can get for movies and games?

You can have them both installed at the same time, but you can't really use them together. You can choose the one you want to use in control panel. I've done it before however and I vaguely recall having some difficulties when I had an Audigy and a Delta-44 running on the same install of windows. Also, having to remember to switch cards is surprisingly irritating.

I currently use a Delta-44 for recording, and an Audigy for games and movies. However, that's not all on the same install of windows. What I did was set up a dual boot for my computer. One install of windows is exclusively for recording. I have the audigy disabled in device manager, as well as my network adapter. The install runs very light because it's stripped down to just the essentials I need for recording. Network access is disabled to stop anything from the internet screwing with windows. Years later it still runs as good as when I created it. The other install has the Delta-44 disabled, and the Audigy enabled. This is where all my games go, what I watch movies on and what I surf the net on. That install certainly runs a little slower than when I created it. I generally have to reinstall windows on that install once a year. I don't mind doing that for the gaming/movies/net install, because there's nothing that important on there, but I'd hate to have to do that for the recording stuff, so this method works out pretty well for me.

Basically, if you have the means to do so, I would personally recommend going this way. You'll eliminate any conflict and issues surrounding having 2 enabled soundcards in your PC at once, and your recording won't impaired by possible issues related to spyware, andegistry fuckups from installing/uninstalling games etc a lot.

legionserial, I can run an Audigy and the Delta 44 at the same time, that's not a problem. However I can't figure out how to run the onboard audio and the Delta at the same time. I'm assuming you are talking about a regular PCI SB Audigy card and not onboard audio.

I think I just figured it out. I couldn't find it before but I just discovered in the Bios the onboard audio was set to 'Auto' so if a PCI soundcard was installed it got disabled. I set it to enabled and it seems to work, hopefully I won't have any issues pop up.

Back