On Stage WS8700

daav

Flailing up a storm.
Decent pic and descrioptoin here:
http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--MUPWS8700

Just wanted to give a mini review of this. It is a tubular steel studio desk with a (piano style) keyboard rack, a computer keyboard/mouse rack, 4 adjustable monitor stands (for two audio monitors, two video monitors, or whatever combo you need), a platform to get your computer minitower off the ground, and a rack-gear rack as well.

Normally i saw them going for well over $300 each, but found this listed as used but in "like new" condition on ebay for about $215 including shipping from cali (I jsut left feedback for them, and they are still selling three more at the same price). condidtion was indeed like new, all the pieces were still wrapped from te factory, but one plastic knob was cracked but fully functional, otherwise not a scratch.

Took 20 mins to put together, and looks to be a very nice unit. pretty adjustable. One thing was that my keyboard (Kurzw. PC88) is full sized and overhangs the keyboard rack a bit, so the audio monitor stands needed to be swung back a bit to clear the keyboard. Not an issue, i would imagine that is where i would have put them anyway.

No built in space for cord management, but the tubular steel is perfect to use a few zip ties to lock cords down and keep the thing tidy and stable.

There really isn't any spare horizontal surface, which is a plus for me, as i really needed to get away form the big desk (folding table actually) that i was using before that just kept getting piles and piles of stuff on it.

This is a big upgrade for me, as it give me a neat and highly funciontional space for my keyboard, computer stuff, audio interface (rack-mounted layla 24/96), that is in a much smaller footprint. ITs sturdy as well, and overall i would reccomend it, as long as you don't need a large desk surface.

Daav

Back