On eBay

I've contacted the seller: he's willing to order up some upgrades. I'll have the above system, with 2G of RAM, and an addition 120G WD HD, for a touch under $1k, unless someone talks some sense into me before he responds to my last missive :D

Shamefully, I have yet to try that :o

Still, I figure even on eBay, Sonar 5 Producer an Win XP are $400 easy.

Edit: I guesstimate around $900 for a similar system (post upgrades)not including shipping or the E-Mu, with no software, sounds like about $500 off new prices.

Last edited:
Depending if you're already using a previous version of Sonar Producer. You can get the upgrade to 5 for 179.99 and you can most likely find an OEM version of XP for under 80 bucks if you look hard enough. Not knocking the auction, looks like a good system, especially if upgraded. Just saying that you may be able to do better if you tool around for some deals.

Creamyapples1 said:
Depending if you're already using a previous version of Sonar Producer.

I am moving to PC from a standalone, so I have diddly dor software. I found the auction searching for deals on S5 Producer...

Computer is on the way, with new RAM and HD installed, followed by brand new RME Multiface ($725) from another source. Copious tracking (and a flurry of associated purchases) to follow. Thanks for all the input, you guys are great.

Should be a bit of an upgrade from the 880EX :D :o

Back