on-desk studio monitor stand with rack spaces

stayouttamalibu

first off, i definitely searched the forums first before i started the thread, just so you all know, and didnt really find an answer. my question is about stands for studio monitors that would go on top of a desk, not separate stands that would go next to or behind one. i am looking for stands or shelves that would have rack spaces built into them, pretty much exactly like the ones that come on this kk desk - http://www.kkaudio.com/A1.html. i realize that in the case of this particular desk it is probably built in, but i would think there would have to be some place somewhere to find these types of things to purchase on their own. i cant afford to buy an awesome studio desk, so my idea is to buy a nice solid flat one that ikea sells for 200 bucks and then hopefully find some of these stands. i have tried searching online and can only find stand-alone stands. anyone? thanks very much!

You could use a couple of small 4-6 space rack cases. I think Mid Atlantic might even sell some that fit that description. Not road cases, but studio racks that are made out of particle board.

Or you could make your own. That would be the least expensive solution. You'd buy some 6 space rack rails and just build the boxes around them. It would take some time, but would cost very little.

Back