Omni Studio - does Logic Delta work?

oneArtist

I'm helping my Nephew set-up a basic sys for college. Does the Logic Delta software that comes with the bundle actually record? Or, should I get him Cakewalk. Besides Omni, I'm thinking of also including: Shure SM57, Rode NT1, and maybe ART MP or another suggested Preamp.
Thanks for any help,
Chuck

Last edited:
i haven't used the Delta Logic, but i'm sure you can do basic recording with it...plus, it's part of the package, so it should work with the soundcard.....with the omni breakout box i see little to no need for another preamp. hey, this would save some cash too. ;)

Thanks J,
I was beginning to feel ignored. I've been around the web on this subject. I've compared Aardvark's Direct Pro 2496, Hoontech DSP+, and this seems like the best direct recording combo at present. Along the way, I found a Behringer B-2 mike for $199. I read on this forum (Mics) that this mic had the same insides as the Rode NT2, a double diaphram mic for $400.
Chuck

oneartist...

i'm also looking at the aardvark 2496 and the omni studio....deciding if i should wait for the aardvark Q10...

what did you like about the omni over the aardvark? trying to get any last minute advice before i take the plunge...

thanks

Skyway,

I would say the Direct Pro 2496 and the Omni Studio are about a toss-up. More people around here use Maudio, but Direct Pro adds Midi and more I/O. I did read a bad report on the Hoontech converters and their unbalanced inputs.

Just to add confusion, I'm also looking at the Fostex VM-88($289) /RME 96/8 PST($299) combo. If you use Samplitude software, there is a ZLM(zero latency monitor) that sends the signal back to the hardware at punch-in. This stuff is for my nephew. I have Samplitude 2496 and I'm dealing with the ethical choice of just loading it on his new computer.

Chuck

It works, but not well.

I have the Omni studio, and struggled for a bit with the Delta Logic software that comes with it. After several headaches I ditched it and tried Cakewalk and Cubase. I ended up going with Cubase vst5.0, because it seemed to have better tools & options. It's is more involved that the others, but if you're going to spend the time to learn one of these, what the heck.

My opinion on the Omni I/O:
My first one, the Input one burnt out in a couple of weeks. I replaced the unit.

Overall I love it. It would be nice to have gain & preamp controls on Inputs 3/4 as well though.

I haven't tried any other units so I can't compare, but I'm happy with this one.

Fuzzy,
Thanks for the input. I got the Direct Pro 2496 because it came with Cakewalk and had more Mic ins plus Midi. You're right, he would probably struggle with Logic. ($489 at 8th St)
Chuck

Back