Omni cable length! Someone help:)

sbruce

I am looking into getting some sort of breakout box for my PC. THe M Audio Omni has all the features I need (I want something that is Mac compt; I hope to one day have enough $$ to switch:=) Anyway, my PC is LOUD and is located in a closet about 11 feet from my desk. The cable from the PCI card to Omni I/O is only 6 feet! I have contacted tech support and they say advise against hooking 2 together to reach my desk.

Is anyone doing this (running approx. 10-15 feet of cable from PC)? If not, how do those of you who have similar products (MOTU 2408, omni, 1010, etc.) handle the PC noise? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Steven

Treat the source: Install silent coolers in your PC for instance. PC's can be dead quiet with the right components.

Thanks for the info; but has anyone had any luck running 10 feet to their M Audio Omni? I have a AMD 800 (slot A) and I would have to get a quiet power supply, case fan and then a new MB and processor (I can't find any "silent" CPU fans for an older slot A). That would cost my hundreds of $$. I don't have that right now...

S

Back