OMG the 424...

alascar11

My first goaround I had a 424 back in early 90s. I used that thing daily for 5 or 6 yrs without a glitch. Loved that machine. Took a 12 year break from music but last march got back into it. Trusting tascam, I got a dp02 w hard disk. and CD. I LOVE IT. controls just like the 424. Only a small glitch. If I use one of the onboard fx, I hear it when idle, hear it when recording, and no fx on playback. Don't know how to cure that but I've been turning the fx on and off several times and hit the assign button a bunch of times and it works after a few tries. Anyway, I digress, not complaining and I'm posting for a different reason.

I got back into music after 12 year break..since last march I've been posting on myspace. Still a hobby but I got a lot of plays, so I'm wondering should I try to publish/market? Please give it a listen and be straight up with me...thanx bill

www.myspace.com/alascar11

Welcome back to recording. I take a break about every five years for some unknown reason, but I always come back to it.

The song sounds good. I liked it. The only thing I didn't like was the snare. It sounds like you're beating on an oatmeal box, and the vocal is buried in the mix the first few bars.

Others may like the snare. I have a very definite sound of the snare I like in my head, so that might be a very biased opinion. I like it very tight and closed.

those things were amazing. Still my favorite recorder I ever owned. The whole right side of it, with the buss assignments and effects stuff were just so cool. I only mastered it shortly before the digital revolution when tapes became harder and harder to find, but in its day this recorder was a GEM. I wish I could get another one.

Gotta clean your heads, and use best tapes, or stuff starts getting muffled. GOOD GOD MAN YOU HAVE TO CLEAN YOUR HEAD! :)

http://www.myspace.com/suncatmusic

this is stuff i did on a tascam tape deck. you're (blue sky) is much cleaner but I loved playing with the EQs and gain knobs on an otherwise blank effectless missile fire of nihilism. I liked your song it is very chill and easy going seeming, but not my style of taste (if you give a listen you'll get my meaning) I thought it was very well put together though, but the vocals are a tad too soft in the beginning, well in my ears, and there's something holding the roof down somehow, maybe it's just my speakers. thanks for the song though.

Last edited:
Back