Older Virus synths

I know the Virus TI is the hot synth right now (or at least has been for a while), but between the cost and the reports of instability, it kinda makes me 2nd guess any move in that direction. What have been people's experiences with the older Virus synths like the KC or KB? The specs are easy to come by, I'm more interested in the usability and quality of the sound they produce. Thanks!

Hey there

I own both a Virus TI keyboard and a Virus Indigo II

i'll tell you that the TI is great when it works , despite alot of bugs and problems it is running very well on ver 1.2.4 that was released recently. The TI software has been the major problem with problems like latency , USB stability and a few other quirks , works ok with CuBase , i had problems with Sonar a while back but that might have been fixed since.

The multi part section saves an effects profile for each part now instead of the same effects profile for the entire multipatch, this kind of makes multiparts much more flexible.

There has been a big improvement on the modulation matrix and also the FM section.

There has been a "hypersquare" waveform added which in my opinion is not that useful , well, not in my music!

The effects section on the TI is much easier to use than previous versions on the fly, the keyboard feel and quality is as always excellent as are all access keyboards.

I sold my virus B rack as i didn't need 3 of them , both my TI and my Indigo II get used all the time , I may sell the Indigo as the patch banks can be loaded into the TI as can any of the previous virus models .

Whatever you buy you'll find a very cool synth , sometimes ill spend entire evenings on patch creation alone. It's alot of fun and it's built like a tank!

Back