Old Yamaha 100 mixer (left side not working)

MagnumPI

HI Guys, I got this old Yamaha 100 mixer from a friend. It was used in an indie club in L.A. in the 90's and mixed bands like Nirvana, Beck, Sonic Youth, Elliot Smith, etc, when they came though this little club. I have it now and was thinking about fixing it up. The problem is when I plug my headphones in I only get the right channel working. It seems the left side it totally dead. Any ideas where I should look to start fixin it up?
Thanks
MIXER.JPG

Do both meters deflect with stereo program material? Do both left and right line outputs work?

I'd check those things first to get a sense of how extensive the failure is.

If the L meter deflects and bpth L and R outputs work, then I'd be looking at the wiring to the headphone jack and then keep going upstream through the headphone amp...inject some tone into a channel and pan it center, and take your meter and physically follow the wiring and/or traces back from the headphone jack until you find your tone. Panning the signal center will allow you to compare what you measure on the R channel at points along the way and compare to the L channel.

Back