old tracks mixed in with new in CW

Jim R

Hello folks,

I'm new here so I may have a few stupid questions.For instance :When I try to record in a new track the old tracks are also recorded in the new track.This didn't happen the first couple of times I tried and I don't know what I might have changed .I have the Guitar Tracks progam. Win 98 .I'm new to this computer recording and although very cool it can also be very frustrating .Should I just give up and go back to my 4-track. (Naw , not yet )Maybe I'm just to old to learn new tricks.ha ha .By the way I've been lurking her for some time and you've got a great place here. thanks ,hope someone can help.

Check your sound card settings to see if you can specify what is being recorded. As in, "line in" or "what you hear" or whatever. Set it to just the line or mic input you are recording the new tracks from, or the specific input on the soundcard if you have a multi-input recording card. BTW, what sound card do you have and maybe someone can give specific things to try with it.

Yeah, don't give up. Computer recording was frustrating for me at first too when I swtiched. It's worth the initial headache if you get everything working. Especially moving from a 4-track. ;)

Thanks Jon ,

The soundcard is an ESS SOLO 1(9080).I've only got the line in and wave checked in the recording window ;and line in and wave in the play window . I think i've tried almost all the different combinations I can.If I don't have wave checked I can't hear it play as I'm recording. Is there a specific way to save songs to work on them later.I'm thinking maybe this has something to do with it. ,Thanks

Back