old song from Amy/long wave..due to popular demand!!

LongWaveStudio

hi guys,

a few of you have heard "What I need" by Amy Phillips and have asked to hear more stuff.

well the new stuff is a little secret for now, for label reasons. but i found the first song i did with amy on a dat today.

forgive me , i just did a quick 5 minute mastering job on it just now. sounds a little too compressed but i cant be bothered going back now.

note, there is a dance routine bit halfway, where it's just the drums...

there are about 45 backing vocals on the chorus, allthough you dont really hearit! i wanted to give the chorus a kind of "rise" and make it sound very spacious. so we did lots of double tracked harmonies, wierd stuff, and a few whisper tracks.

any feedback would be great, allthough we are re-doing this. bear in mind it was the first track i did with her.
enjoy.

-Romesh

how the f*ck are you downloading this?! i haven't even finished uploading it!

ill let the upload finish so you can hear the whole song. when you have, ill answer whatever questions.

Very cool, man. Pro all the way, as always. Like the drums, too. Sort of a Christina Aguilera "What a girl wants" kinda thing. I hope that isn't an insult to you, because I liked them. Amy has a very pleasant voice. So, is she hot? ---I really couldn't help but ask.

BTW, how you do that popular 'robot voice' effect. I heard somewhere that it involves pitch correction (like way too much of it). Is that true?

hiya

thanks for listening mate.

yeah, the drums do sound very christina. im trying to market Amy in that side of the music industry, so it's not an insult no!

the "robot" voice as you called it is a unit called Antares Auto Tune. basically, it's overusing it. it's an effect which has been overdone by so many people, and im ashamed to have used it, but when i was listening to play backs in the control room, that's all i couldhear in my head. i thought i better put it there, cus if i didn't, it would drive me nuts later. i think it sounds cool anyway.

imacgreg, about the intro, the intro is funky, dunno if I like it though!! it's basically most of the drums put through a Waldorf Filter (man, these guys know what they're doing!) . then selected stuff went through a GX700 phaser, then through a Joe Meek Compressor and back just to get that fucked up sound.

cant remember how the bass was done. but i hate it.
how was it recorded? on pro tools as far as i can remember, that and the midi was done in Cubase VST32

-Romesh

Man I don't know why you are redoing it!! That song rocked seriously hard. I mean I am not into that style whatsoever, but it sounded like Brittany Spears production team found a new girl to play with. I guess it will sound twice as good if you re-do it though. Well thats enough complimenting. Its starting to hurt. It was a really slow download though and I am on DSL.

Beezoboy

we had plans to re-do it as we started it. it's just like a pre production kinda recording. we will be doing a serious recording session soon for Amy's debut single.

glad you liked the production! cheers mate for taking the time to listen!

-Romesh

was there anything particular you thought was cool in the track?

to be honest, the main reason we will be definitley redoing it is that the drum parts are a little too compressed, and the bass will be more deeper.

i think the bass drum is in the right place though, so i will keep the same sound.

damn...this thing takes forever to d/l...even on cable...so I only listened to the first min. or so. My first impressions are that the music sounds like Leprechan music...or little munchkin music. It's way too fast, and sounds like a kiddy wind up box...kinda music. When the singing comes in, it helps tame it down, and put it into a better context, however. The singing is top notch..in this genre...and the recording is fine too....just some strange music.

Back