Old school game boy into intstrument

Elmo89m

I really would like to turn my old GB into a 8-bit style insrument but i have spent the last hour searching online and have only found sites with mp3 and stuff like that. Does anybody here no how to do this?

Just did a very quick search on "gameboy music cartridge" on Yahoo and found a handful of sites. Looks like "nanoloop" and "little sound dj" are the two main music apps for the original gameboy.

In theory, could you have a Game Boy, Micro Korg, and some kind of drum machine all running into an amp?

Would you run the GameBoy into the Korg?

Or would you have to have like - a small mixer, and run drum machine, Korg and gameboy into that?

you could i suppose. the korg doesn't act as a mixer as much as it's meant to process the incoming audio signal. you'd still need a multichannel mixer before your amp unless you're into that sort of mickey mouse business.

xistenz said:
you could i suppose. the korg doesn't act as a mixer as much as it's meant to process the incoming audio signal. you'd still need a multichannel mixer before your amp unless you're into that sort of mickey mouse business.

So it would go... Korg, Gameboy, Drums -> 3 seperate mixer channels -> amp/PA?

Something like that?

Back