old member returns, thinking out loud

Locomule

35 yrs as guitarist
Greets. I used to kick it here many years ago under the name Crazyhorse. I had a song that was supposed to go onto the first comp cd titled "laze" but I yanked it at the last minute. I wanted to remix it I think. Anyway, as I recall we had a lot of trouble immediately over financing, processing, paying contributing artists, distributing the cd, etc. I dissappeared before it was released so I lost track of how things developed. I fully expected to log in and find Compilation cd #300 in progress! It looks like maybe 2 were done and then the concept died out?

Provided there are still willing musicians, I would think there would now be more options for releasing a compilation than trying to sell physical cds. How about an mp3 distribution site? How about giving the damn thing away?

Greets. I used to kick it here many years ago under the name Crazyhorse. I had a song that was supposed to go onto the first comp cd titled "laze" but I yanked it at the last minute. I wanted to remix it I think. Anyway, as I recall we had a lot of trouble immediately over financing, processing, paying contributing artists, distributing the cd, etc. I dissappeared before it was released so I lost track of how things developed. I fully expected to log in and find Compilation cd #300 in progress! It looks like maybe 2 were done and then the concept died out?

Provided there are still willing musicians, I would think there would now be more options for releasing a compilation than trying to sell physical cds. How about an mp3 distribution site? How about giving the damn thing away?

Welcome back. I was here too, and guess what my name was back then? :D
It is not the same as it used to be, but one thing that does remain is that there are many great people here.

How did it used to be?

It was not a good or bad way just different. Since the site was still in its early stages, the members seemed more open as they got use to one another, and with fewer members there was better knowledge of who really knew what and who was full of BS.

Maybe a good way to describe it is like leaving your home town and coming back to visit. Although there are some of the same faces, many people that you had built relationships with have moved on and have been replaced with new people. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

It was not a good or bad way just different. Since the site was still in its early stages, the members seemed more open as they got use to one another, and with fewer members there was better knowledge of who really knew what and who was full of BS.

Maybe a good way to describe it is like leaving your home town and coming back to visit. Although there are some of the same faces, many people that you had built relationships with have moved on and have been replaced with new people. Not necessarily better or worse, just different.

I get what you're saying. I wasn't even here then, and your description makes me miss it...

Back