old lyric from me

tweedledee

some of you might have heard this one since a friend who is a member of this forum (dunno her username) let me record this in her home studio last year and asked you guys opinion on the intro or soemthing but it is the only song i have ever properly recorded. i wrote this as a gift for my best friend who helped me through a heck of a low point.

Blessed be (Copywrite 2006, subject to all copywrite laws)
For every heart youve touched
may your heart always be light
for the angel you have been
may His angels fill your life
for the darkness you dispell
may your darkness ever fly
and may kindness always shine it's face
upon
you

CHORUS:
Blessed be this loyal heart
ever steady through the storm
blessed be this gentle smile
that could make december warm
blessed be these caring hands
that were there to raise me high
my friend i pray you always blessed be

for the dreams you kept alive
may your dreams be never far
and may i only acheive
to be half the friend you are
for the times you made me strong
you may not have even known
may you be granted strength
from up Above
to carry
you

Chorus:
Blessed be this loyal heart
ever steady through the storm
blessed be this gentle smile
that could make december warm
blessed be these caring hands
that were there to raise me high
my friend i pray you always blessed be

Some of the best lyrics I've had the pleasure to read here. Well written with nice meter and good choice of words. Touching, inspiring and uplifting.
Excellent tweedledee....... :cool:

Yes, they flow really nicely. I can almost hear the melody as I read it.

I did stumble on one line - "and may I only achieve" - when I first read it through, but it fitted fairly easily after that, though it didn't seem to fit quite as well as the rest of the lyric.

I'd offer a possible replacement in "I can only ever strive" (to be half the friend you are) if you wanted to change it.

Very nice work again.

Freddy said:
Yes, they flow really nicely. I can almost hear the melody as I read it.

I did stumble on one line - "and may I only achieve" - when I first read it through, but it fitted fairly easily after that, though it didn't seem to fit quite as well as the rest of the lyric.

I'd offer a possible replacement in "I can only ever strive" (to be half the friend you are) if you wanted to change it.

Very nice work again.
the song is already recorded ansd that line fits very well into the melody that was written for it. thatnx for the feedback

No worries.

OT: If a song is recorded, does that mean it is finished? I'm not sure whether I am ever really finished :)

Freddy said:
No worries.

OT: If a song is recorded, does that mean it is finished? I'm not sure whether I am ever really finished :)
this particular song is finished...could it eb better...whoah yeah, but i do not have the skills and resources to better it at the moment so for now it is as is. you can hear it if you like, here's the download link.

http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1C1C646D7097F00F
but remember there is not much i can do now to tweak it.
all i did was sing. my friend Chanale recorded arranged and mixed it for me.

Last edited:
Back