Oktmodshop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mixteco

Ok...

excuse me for my ignorance on this one ...

BUT...

on tha oktavamodshop.com website: can you ACTUALLY buy the mic or just the capsules?

Ive been really interested in one of their mics.

Thanks for asking. I offer new, complete, modified, authentic made-in-Tula, Russia Oktava microphones. I also offer modification services to user-supplied microphones. I sometimes have individual MK-012 capsules available.

Last edited:
Thanks for asking. I offer new, complete, modified, authentic made-in-Tula, Russia Oktava microphones. I also offer modification services to user-supplied microphones. I sometimes have individual MK-012 capsule available.

So basically...

in simple terms...

I can buy a mic on your website, right?

Yes. Just place an item in your shopping cart and checkout. Payment is via PayPal where you can use a credit or debit account as well.

Yes. Just place an item in your shopping cart and checkout. Payment is via PayPal where you can use a credit or debit account as well.

Ok. Thank you for answring me.

ANother question.

For the MJE-K47H..."mono" and "solo" kits? Those words confuse me. I mean can you just plug them into a preamp and be set?

BTW, That RODE and NEUMANN lil mystery...IM STILL :eek:

Nice to see the links to Marik and Jim Williams' work. They do good stuff!

btw - I didn't know Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen was into audio? Awesome!

So Michael...this is kinda funny that you showed up here.

I've been lurking over at gearslutz for a couple of weeks now. I've browsed over there in the past...but I never really hung out there. But I've been bored with some of the usual places I usually hang.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster as you can see by my join date and post count.

But I've been following the GS threads on the Rode NT1 mods.

I got into the home recording thing around 2000 and I purchased an NT1 back then and it is my only LD condensor and my primary vocal mic.

So...I don't think I can afford the capsule replacement, but the basket thing, where it contributes to the sibilant problem...man that's always bugged me.....sssssssssssssssssss.....

I'm seriously thinking of removing the basket of the NT1 for recording vocals and figuring out some sort of way to reattach the basket...screws or something...to protect it at other times.

What are your thoughts on that?

And shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

This is the fight club.

I didn't really say that out loud....I just thought it.

Where's Marik? what's a good mic cat fight with him?

For smaller fights I usually call mah li'll bro:

dolph-m145.jpg

:cool:

So, where can I get one of these fabulous mics?

I can give you that secret information via PM. Shhhhh...

Why are you guys tryna make me feel guilty... =(

OK, which one of you guys whacked the innocent bystander?

For smaller fights I usually call mah li'll bro:

dolph-m145.jpg

:cool:

Way to get in to the spirit of this thing!

And, on a sadder note, it's too bad this place is getting to be a ghost town.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back