Oktava shock mounts

H2oskiphil

It needs more cowbell!
I bought a set of 012's from GC about a year ago, and noticed that the clips don't thread onto the ends of my mic stands very well (They seem to be just a smidge too big for the stands).

About two weeks ago, I bought the Octava shock mounts for the 012's, thinking that I had a bad clip. Unfortunately, the shock mounts have the same problem-they seem to be just a little too big for the (what I thought were) standard threads on the mic stands. The brass inserts that came with the 012's clips don't help-they're too small.

Anuone else have this problem, and is there a solution?

I've not encountered that. I have some stock Octava mic clips and Sabrasom shock mounts. They seem OK to me.

H2oskiphil said:
Anuone else have this problem, and is there a solution?
Go to your local hardware store (Lowes, Home Depot, etc...), go to the plumbing section and get some Teflon tape. It's not "sticky" tape, just a thin Teflon ribbon used for wrapping around pipe threads to keep them from leaking. Wrap a piece of it tightly around the mic stand threads a few times in the same direction as you would screw the adapter on. Now screw the adapter down over it and it should fit much tighter. If it's too tight, you've used too much tape, and vise-versa if it's too loose. Anyway, it should do the trick.

i do too...its just never screws on tight, it jus keeps going for me as if it were stripped...but its not

Back