oktava mk012

paddyponchero

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to pickup a pair of mk012's but everyone on ebay seems to be charging twice what they paid for them and I'm concerned people may be selling off duds. My brother will be in the states for a few days and has volunteered to try to pick them up at a guitar center.

As I'm in Ireland I'm not sure what the current situation is -
do only some GC stores have them?
do they only sell them during sales?
is there another way I can get them cheap?

I appreciate any input you might have, if I can't get the oktavas my choices over here are basically the behringer B5's and info on them is thin on the ground.

Thanks,

Paddy

Should be able to find them for $100/ea. I think it depends as to which stores might have them in stock. You could give a call to stores and see if they have them. Theoretically you could bargain down to $50, but $75 is more likely if you can get anything off.

Got my matched pair for $250 at GC in Atlanta, GA. It was before a sale, so they should always have em. Bring cash, you/he might be able to bargain with them.

gumplunger said:
Got my matched pair for $250 at GC in Atlanta, GA. It was before a sale, so they should always have em. Bring cash, you/he might be able to bargain with them.

Thanks guys, I'll give the GC in Boston a call tomorrow - lets hope they understand my accent - last store I called in the US was in Texas and they thought my accent was hilarious :)

Where are you going to be in the U.S.? I'm in Framingham, MA, (near Boston) where they will sell them to me for $60 each when they have them.-Richie

Richard Monroe said:
Where are you going to be in the U.S.? I'm in Framingham, MA, (near Boston) where they will sell them to me for $60 each when they have them.-Richie

Wow! that's an unbelieveable deal, is that the store in Natick? My sister lives in brighton at the moment, I guess if she goes to the guitar center on commonwealth avenue and mentions the price in Natick they may do the same deal? Thanks!

Paddy

Do a search on eBay Paddy. Seen a new listing last night from a guy in the UK who has 20 for sale at £59.99 each. That's the cheapest they've ever been in the UK. Digital Villiage are still blowing them out at £89.99 a piece and £199.99 for a matched pair

Hi Lemontree,

I contacted that guy yesterday, he only posts to the UK and only accepts personal cheques or bank drafts, I'm just mulling over whether to have them posted to my friend in glasgow and posted on to me - awkward but still a good price.

PAddy

Yo Paddy! No, I seriously doubt the Boston GC is going to match that offer, and I doubt Natick would either. But they will- for me, if they have them, and I would be happy to check stock and make an appointment with your sister or whoever to do it. I am in the top 1% of all GC customers worldwide, to the tune of almost $20,000 over the last 2 years. I can simply do deals at GC that no one can do. If you are interested, send me a PM.-Richie

Back