oktava mk 319 problem

brotman

Hi!

I let my friend borrow my oktava mk 319 and I just got it back.

I noticed after I got it back that the capsule is bent about 45 degrees from the front.

Is this normal? I thought that it was supposed to be exactly perpendicular.

I don't even know how they could have bent the inside capsule, given that it is protected by so much wire casing. Perhaps they dropped it hard?

Anyway, if anyone has an oktava mk 319, could you please let me know if your inside capsule is bent, or if mine is messed up.

Also, how would i bend it back? Is it difficult to remove the casing?

thanks!

hey, thanks for the reply.

its impossible to tell from stock photos online....

the round part inside is bent backwards about 45 degrees.

you can only tell if you look at it exactly from the side. from the front it looks the same

I dont know if this is normal, or bad. It still works fine, sounds the same as far as I can tell, but if its easy to simply remove the mesh top and bend it back then I would like to. I think that it would interfere with using proximity effect.

OR i just have OCD and they are always a little bent backwards...

yeah... it looks easy...

but my suspicion is correct? the capsule should be perpendicular with the case, not bent?

As you can see in the picture of the link I provided it is a side address mic like all of any other side address mics.

i just opened it and bent it back correct, took about 5 min and its good as new ( I hope ... )

learned my lesson, don't let anyone borrow your gear..... thought it would be hard to break such a relatively sturdy mic but apparently not....

thanks so much for your time and patience!! :)

i just opened it and bent it back correct, took about 5 min and its good as new ( I hope ... )

learned my lesson, don't let anyone borrow your gear..... thought it would be hard to break such a relatively sturdy mic but apparently not....

thanks so much for your time and patience!! :)

Coolieo! Did you check it out to make sure that it works now?

Tell your friend that he should have told you about any mishaps. :mad:

If I were you, I'd be all over their ass about buying me a new mic. But then I'd never loan out gear. There's a lesson here.

sorry so late on this topic lol, but its normal for the mk-319 to have a bent post inside. mines has the exact same angle. but i have other recording issues with it, but yea.. i lend my gear out before, the 2nd time, the bitch didnt return it. til this day i dont know where its at, it was like 1998 or something. my sony (i think it was sony lol) digital 4 track recorder, or 8 tracks. see how long it has been! some best friends huh, hmm i can facebook him now. good luck everyone on here with your music!

Hmm. I googled a few pics.
I would have expected the capsule to sit perfectly flat (in line with the PCB) as it does in the mk219, but one pic has me wandering.

This one looks fine

but it looks a little bent in this one.

I have to agree with the not lending policy.
I hate it, but I uphold it.

I refused to loan an re20 to a good friend recently. I felt pretty bad about it, but it's the way it has to be, for me at least.
I think everyone has to have one bad lending experience. You just gotta hope the lesson doesn't cost you too much.

Back