Oktava MC-012-01 Question

Village Idiot

The Love Butler
I just bought a pair of these mics after reading the glowing reviews of what great overheads they make for drum kits.

Now...My question.

I have a cheap Rolls Phantom Power box, which I run from that into my Fostex Digital recorder.
And I am not able to get a good line level.

What am I doing wrong?

I do not have this problem when using my Oktva MC-219 to sing into, and that is a phantom-powered mic as well.

Do I have to wait until I rum it through my guitar players Mackie 1604VLZ board to see if these work, or are these mics possibly defective?

HEP!!!!

:D
VI

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but do you have the 10dB pad on the mic? If so, unscrew it and screw the capsule directly into the mic.

I doubt both mics would be defective (though possible.)

I was going to ask the same question about the pad. Do you have that petween the capsule and body?

Nope...

I tried it first without the-10 db pad, then with it.

I'm screwed if these are defective, and Guitar Center stands by their no mic return policy, right?

VI

Village Idiot said:
Nope...

I tried it first without the-10 db pad, then with it.

I'm screwed if these are defective, and Guitar Center stands by their no mic return policy, right?

VI

GC return policy is 48 hours to RETURN the mic. They must stand behind their warranty and replace DEFECTIVE mics. The mics are probably not defective. Try not using the pad.

I don't think GC's return policy is talking about defective merchandise. It's talking about thier satisfaction warranty. If they actually don't work, I'm sure they will make it right.

Blessings, Terry

If you'll be there, I'll bring mine (SoundRoom) and my AudioBuddy over tomorrow night after practice, we'll do some trouble shooting. Mean time talk to GC, make sure you got their policy straight.

Daf (MC-012 hypers, but we can swap around while we're checking em out)

Back