Okay....your input!

CriticalFix said:
Also, are these workstations able to record at high-end levels ie: commercial/voice over work and professional quality music recording (ie radio quality music)?

Thanks all!

Assuming you use quality preamps, mics, convertors and processors in a great sounding rooom, sure.

yes....assuming those. I'm really simply trying to find out if those 2 machines are any good in the opinion of the members here.

CriticalFix said:
Is there any specific reason you choose the Tascam?

Personally in my case I wouldnt use either because I have a DAw and a interface to link to a digital mixer.

If you are starting from scratch and do not have a daw then I would go with the tascam.

Basically the SX series is all in one machine that does it's own hard disk recording as well as midi. You could sync one with a daw but to me that seems like overkill.

If you already have a DAW and a interface , then I would go with a DM24 instead.

I wish they made a SX-1 that works as just a control surface without the H/D recording and midi. I heard it's huge compared to a DM24.

If your gonna be doing Video as well, then the SX-1 would be right for that.

Malcolm

Greetings Malcom,

Thank you for your response...that helps me a lot.

So then would you suggest doing like a nice digital mixer and operating a high powered mac or pc with protools would be the best way to go in this situation instead of the all in one? Do you think that is a better way to go than the all-in-one route?

Thanks!

CriticalFix said:
Greetings Malcom,

Thank you for your response...that helps me a lot.

So then would you suggest doing like a nice digital mixer and operating a high powered mac or pc with protools would be the best way to go in this situation instead of the all in one? Do you think that is a better way to go than the all-in-one route?

Thanks!

Not Really,

It depends on what gear you have already.

Post your gear list. Mics and all if you have any.

Back