Okay I got Addictive drums..Latancy though..

presto5

I strike a drum and the signal sounds like a split second later..late enough to where I cant jam along with my tracks..Is this normal ..Waiting for XLN to email me my authorization code so I`m still on the demo...is it a demo thing? I`m using roland TD-4/ Presonus Audiobox/ ASIO4ALL / Win7 i7 quad core 64 bit / And Reaper 32 bit..anyone? Thanks

I don't understand why you're having so much latency issues with your machine. Is this computer used exclusively for recording, or is it your everyday computer? Have you tried checking to see what may be running in the background, or tried optimizing it for audio? There are a lot of helpful websites about optimizing computers for audio recording.

Is the presonus a USB device? If so, do you have other things plugged into your USB ports?

Unless there is some problem with the Audiobox driver that I am not aware of, typically ASIO4All should not be used if your interface has a viable driver. It is typically just a workaround for less than ideal gear.

Second, Elbandito is correct in suggesting setup of your PC for audio performance. Actually, Presonus has great advice for optimizing W7 for audio on their site here.

Have you already messed with your buffer size in the Audiobox control panel? Larger the buffer, the more latency. Smaller the buffer, the more chance of your PC not keeping up and introducing dropouts and annoying stuff. Your processor is definitely adequate. It may just need tweeking.

Last edited:
Yup. ASIO4all is a clever hack but it only SIMULATES asio using wdm drivers.

It should ONLY be used for limping 40-cent onboard POS gamer soundcards.
If the audiobox has its own asio drivers USE THEM.

If the audiobox has its own asio drivers USE THEM.

This, and lower your buffer settings. If you don't know how, then learn how to (sorry not a reaper or audiobox user, look at the manual).

Generally for me, anything higher that 128 samples is to high to use an e kit to trigger software samples.

Last edited:
Kinda ..I downloaded the Audiobox driver but its not playin nice now..it was for a minute but then started having this cracking sound..this is a new computer so i gotta find out what kind of bloatware and shit it has that may be screwin with me..when It was working i managed to get a lower amount of latancy but not low enough...thanks for your help!

wow.
I7 shouldn't have to compromise between latency and stability.
You should be able to just set your buffer at 64 or 128 and forget about it.

Tidy up is recommended. :)

wow.
I7 shouldn't have to compromise between latency and stability.
You should be able to just set your buffer at 64 or 128 and forget about it.

Tidy up is recommended. :)

Yeah, your i7 should be way more than adequate with some tweaking. I have W7 OEM on my i7, and haven't been able to push it hard enough to lose audio. Believe me, I have tried.

So wait... you guys are MIXING at a buffer setting of 64/128?!?!

Man as soon as I start dropping heavily involved superior drummer 2 (kits that involve more than 2 gigs of ram)/SIR 2/Ozone 4/Amplitube 3 my machine goes to shit at that sample rate (I get CPU spikes).

I always just shoot my buffer back up to the highest it can go when I go to mix. But then again, I'm the first generation of mac pro (it's not an 8 core, and the RAM is still DDR2).

I'll find out shortly. Just ordered AD with Metal and Indie. EZD has pissed me off lately, and going with some advice I heard that it sounds better........

:D

Oh and to answer the question, I'm not sure what the buffer size is that I am using. Tascam does not show the setting. I have it set on 'Low Latency', and can track without noticeable delay with 60+ tracks and god only knows how many VST's running. I'm a VST abuser.

i7 is like heaven to me. :D

I usually stick at 128. I think once in a while i have to push it up but then I'm not even on i7.
I'm still running a q9550 stock.

Thats what I thought when I was buying it! i7 ...quad core ...shitload of memory...I tried changin the buffer from normal to highspeed in my ASIO driver and it just crashed the driver...hope I get it working..this drum software sounds mean!!

Thats what I thought when I was buying it! i7 ...quad core ...shitload of memory...I tried changin the buffer from normal to highspeed in my ASIO driver and it just crashed the driver...hope I get it working..this drum software sounds mean!!

So, did you do the steps I gave link to? There is more if that didn't work.....

I'll find out shortly. Just ordered AD with Metal and Indie. EZD has pissed me off lately, and going with some advice I heard that it sounds better........

:D

I will add that there is a massive difference in CPU usage when running superior vs ez drummer. EZ drummer libraries use an average of 300mb of RAM, where the average dry kit in superior goes above 700, add in the room mics and it goes above 1200 really quick.

That and the samples are 24bit over the 16 bit ones in ez.

Also: I think AD is one of the easiest software drums to use with e kits on the market. So many more maps for e kits than even BFD 2.

I have a feeling that the new Slate 4 will end up being somewhat the same in that regard.

Back