Ok...We joined...don't all attack at once..ok?

Splicit

Well, after some serious thought and consideration, we decided to join the Analog group of HomeRecording.com. My friend Rick Fitzpatrick sent excerpts of some of the discussions regarding RMGI recording tape. Someone suggested that we join the group. So....here we are. SPLICIT is our business and yes...we ARE an authorized dealer for RMGI tape products. We were hesitant about joining because we did'nt want any of you thinking that we were here to "spam" or sell you on our products. Actually, music, recording and broadcasting have all played a major part in our lives. SPLICIT REEL AUDIO PRODUCTS was developed out of our love and hobby for home recording. We had several friends and aquaintances who had trouble finding good quality products. (ie) tape, reels, splicing tape, sensing foil tape, leader, etc, etc. We have spent several years putting the business together and pooling directly from the manufacturers of various products. We actually have splicing and sensing foil tapes custom made for us in New York. This is at a great savings to us personally and therfore; we pass those savings on to the consumer. In regards to our website: www.splicit.com, Yes..it is pretty much "homemade". It gets the point across....that's all we need.
We are not in the business to get rich or price gouge. We simply enjoy sharing the products we have found at fair prices. And yes...we DO sell on Ebay. And we're proud of our 100% feedback. So...buy your products where ever you feel most comfortable. But please keep us in mind. We got involved with RMGI long before their products hit the states. We never have been nor will be "opportunists". We are simply home-recordists like you who turned a hobby into a no frills, great prices, and outstanding customer service business. There...that's about all I want to say for now. If you have any questions about tape or other products please feel free to let us know...we'll do our best to help you out. Thanks for letting us be part of the group.

Roger & Teresa
Splicit Reel Audio Products
splicit@verison.net
www.splicit.com

Coquille, Oregon

Pleased to meet you...hope you have my tape. (to the tune of sympathy for the devil.)
But really...I go through 2500 ft of 911 1/4" about every week, always looking for good folks to supply my analog jones. Good to know you are out there.

Roger & Teresa,

Good to have you onboard, finally! ;)

You're most welcome here and, as Track Rat said, stick around! :)

Happy customer

Roger & Teresa:

I bought some leader tape, hold down tape & splicing tape from you last month. Very happy with speed of delivery, and friendly attitude. I was customer in Kansas.

Just thought I would attest to being a happy customer.

....Reid

Thanks for that!!

Reid....thanks for your kind words about our products and service. It actually becomes a contest with us.....to see how quickly we can get your order out and make sure you are happy.

Have a REEl nice day,
Teresa
www.splicit.com

Good luck to you guys! It's nice to see a new business opening up around analog tape that doesn't sell used tape exclusively.

-MD

Shipping overseas

Thanks for all the welcomes...we really appreciate it. We routinely ship overseas. A lot of business is with our great neighbors to the North (Canada)
and we do a lot of business in Europe, Australia and New Zealand. I just placed a whopping order today with RMGI's warehouse in Florida. The LPR35 (Quantegy 457 only better) is still backordered as well as 1" and 2" tape. There is some around the country but no new stuff coming in at the moment. We bought out all of Quantegy's 1/4" white poly leader tape (just before they raised prices). My intuition turned out right.....seems that Zonal who makes the leader for RMGI is not getting along with them right now. Who knows???? So...leader tape from RMGI is out of the question for the time being. Currently we have Studio Master 911 1/4" x 2500' on NAB metal reels and Studio Master 900 (same as Q-GP9 only better). Response from studios nationwide has been overwhelming for RMGI thus the problem of keeping up with inventory. But...yes...we ship overseas!! So...that's the latest from our front. If you have any questions feel free to email splicit@verizon.net We're always happy to help.

Thanks,
Teresa
www.splicit.com

Hey buddy, welcome to the board and thanks for bringing the "pancakes" this morning. :D It'll have to wait till next week, ok? This week is paying for the welding on the console bridge extention brackets. Man, ya gotta love analog to go through this shit. $150 bucks just to weld up those babies...well, you saw em this morning. Know what I mean now? ;) Sheeeezus, almost done with this friggin M3700 console mod. :rolleyes: THEN, its time to wire this babe. Can't wait to hook up the 440. :D And plop a brand spankin new reel tape on that sucka!! Ha!
Rick

Here is some pics of the bridge brackets for the console. Took a month to measure, design, round up materials, cut, weld etc. Took the whole week end just to build the latches. Finally..... :rolleyes:

fitZ :)

Attachments

• bracket18.jpg
    bracket18.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 39
Back