ok...so I've finally done some rap...

MAC2

Been away from this forum for quite a while.....mostly (and happily) 'cause I've been busy tracking clients :D ....I've read some of the posts in the "hip hop/ rap" forum and was going to post my first rap recording(s) in that forum but I suppose it belongs here seeing as I and the artist are seeking genuine critique of the recording(s) and the content (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on that...) I've posted two of the recordings at NWR (with the artist's permission, of course)..."Story" and "Open Mic"... Tribal Warfare

I'll be the first to admit that I'm not very familiar with the genre so any comments could be helpful....especially from folks who work with rap on a regular basis...

Listening to the first one. Mix sounds pretty good, the first emcee has a good flow, but he sounds like he's forcing some of his bars, especially the fact that he's losing his breath every 4 bars... I suggest for "professionalism" sake, you overdub and punch in to lose those extreme breaths so he can annunciate his words correctly.

Other than that, everything sounds pretty good... Mix is nice. I don't like the beat at all though, not my style. :)

-Change

the vocals sound pasted on. almost like you had a wav of the beat and just mixed the vocals on top. i would suggest more warmth in the vox and a mix that integrates the beat and the vocals more evenly.

but of course it could just be the speakers i'm listening thru, so take that with a grain...

-L7 weirdo

Change:...thanks for checkin' it out and commenting....I'll pass along your commments to "Curious George"....checked out your stuff at Soundclick and your site...good stuff!

L7:....good ears!...that's exactly how "Story" was done....too bad I didn't have a more "seemless" mix....thanks!

Back