OK, so I did it!

regebro

Insane Genious!
I've bought a Tascam too! :) It's an M-2524. It's in Berlin, so it costs me tons and tons in shipping, but all in all it's still below 650 euro, so I think I got an OK deal.

regebro

Nice score!

Will we see you posting soon that you picked up a 16 track, one inch machine too??:confused:

Ah, the wonderful warmth of analog in a digital world!

Tre bien!;)

The guy that is selling that Scully is either mis informed or a liar.

There was only 8 channels of amps in the picture and Dark Side Of the Moon was recorded on a single, two inch, 16 track according to Alan Parsons who produced and engineered the album.

The e-bay dude says it was done on a few 1/2 inch machines, synced together.

Nice machine though! If you can find someone to bring it back to life. The seller did admit that 4 of the tracks don't work and was selling it as is!!

Beware!

The Ghost of FM said:
Will we see you posting soon that you picked up a 16 track, one inch machine too??

Nope, I've run out of money, and I need more furniture and a better reverb first. ;) I'll stick to my 8-track for a while.

:cool: That's whats in muttley's studio, If you need help with the MIDI part you know what to do, also I have stack of the original brochures on the thing ..........
Do know its an inline monitoring mixer so that the talent gets one mix and simultaniusly you can build a mon mix for you the engineer off of the tape retuns from recording device. I hope you get the owners manual, you'll need it to realize all the potentials that are at your disposal...........
The mic pre's are not really that dynamic, so don't have too big of an expectation in this area......, but they do a pretty decent job at what they do.
The boards phantom power will handel a fair amount of condensors, but it can be overloaded with too many " high current demanding " mic's......
sometimes I have to use some extra outboard mic pres or phantom power units, this last statement is a rarety, but can happen.........
Do know that even though its decribed as an 8 aux output, you can only access4 at a time, you turn the knob left thats one out, you turn the knob right that would be another out, look at the scale on mixer and you will see what I mean
I'm not refering to the 8 group outs over on the left next to the master fader, you have access to all of those bus asignments next to channel fader

more to come if you want......

da MUTT

Well damn, I missed this thread. Hmmm, must be getting blind in my aging years:D I won't be able to tell a trim from a eq knob next:p Hey, congrats on the mixer regebro. Hope it arrives ok. Or maybe you already recieved it by now. Anyhoos, good luck with it. Have fun.
fitZ:)

I've just upgraded from the M-2524...NOT because it was bad, just wanted to upgrade so I went for a Soundtracs Solitaire....I've used the 2524 for about 4 years and I think it's a great little desk.....I've still got mine sitting here if anyone wants to buy it...hint hint....Good luck with it!!!

Well, thanks for the info, Muttley, I'll come back to you if I have any problems.

No, that link doesn't work at all.

Back