Ok, Im pretty damn confused.

drummerboy_04AP

Im trying to figure out how to use my Suzuki digital piano as a midi controller to record with in Cubase. Im using a Firepod as an interface. I have a midi cable going from the MIDI out on the keyboard to the MIDI in on the firepod. I think thats right, but once Im in the software, I have no idea what to do. Can someone who uses Cubase (or just knows what they're doing :D) maybe give me a basic walk through? Id appreciate it so much.

Thanks!

first ya need to make sure the interface is doing it's midi thing... just because it does audio doesnt mean the midi is set up it's a separate issue... under the devices tab look for set-up should be the last tab... the first offering under that should be midi...

Ok, I think Ive figured out what Im doing wrong, but I still dont know how to fix it.

When I go to select my MIDI-In, there is no option for my keyboard.... how come?

load a vst instrument and open a new midi track make sure your firepod midi in is set as the in and the vst instrument as an out.

For this method you must have a vst instrument.

If you are looking to use sounds from your keyboard your going to want to go a different route but i dont know if thats what you really want.

Back