OK - here goes...

Phildo said:
Cheers, guys.

Warble - d'you mean better encoded mp3s or just better quality recordings?

Sorry, should've specified - I meant better quality mp3's. :) I hate MySpace.

If you're looking for opinions on mix/recording quality, we need something that doesn't have the bits smashed out of it. :D

Last edited:
Righto - I'll give it a shot - I did notice the emphasis of the mixes had changed pretty heavily whenI listened back to the mp3's off MySpace...

Hard panning seems to be the new psychaedelic.
I like the 1st track but found the hardpanning percussion & associated "movement" distracting rather than engaging.
I'm using a good amp & speakers & the quality isn't too bad for a streamed MP3 or derivative thereof.
The bang in guitars make an interesting change though they over power it in the end.

rayc said:
Hard panning seems to be the new psychaedelic.
I like the 1st track but found the hardpanning percussion & associated "movement" distracting rather than engaging.
I'm using a good amp & speakers & the quality isn't too bad for a streamed MP3 or derivative thereof.
The bang in guitars make an interesting change though they over power it in the end.
Nah...drunk is the new psychedelic ;)...but I know what you mean - there's a fine line between "interesting" and "irritating". I put that one down to a mix of premium Russian Vodka and the discovery that my Lexicon would sync to the HR16.

Listening to it now, and it does seem a bit distracting.

I find the guitars on that particular track ("Mine Today") a bit weird to listen to, as we were going for a kind of "Sparklehorse" sound, so they were just DI'd, which I normally hate doing. Seem to work OK, though - if a bit loud, but that's kind of my taste!

I like the tune.
I agree that the vocals could be louder, mainly when the drums come in.
But, overall I like the flow and sound of the soug.

Back