OK guys.... tear this one apart!!

great job eyema, guitars and drums sound good.

what do you use for drums? i'm guessing your crate amp made it on to this one.

my only nit is there seems to be a little uppermid heat on the vocals especially, and the whole mix in general. not a deal breaker though.

always thought crowder was great, a real innovator in my opinion.

again, your sound overall is very good.

later...

I agree about the vocals. Very thin and middy. The rest sounds pretty good. Generally a good mix overall. Maybe a little light on the bottom end. Kick could use some more boom.

I agree with the previous posts.
The song is crispy, needs a little butter and low end.

I've tried and tried and tried, but I just couldn't....terait up that it!:D
Shawn, this is absolutely beautiful!
Such a well-written song. Your voice sounds perfect, beautiful melodies and harmony. Recording sounds crystal clear to me. Ok, maybe the drums, but we haven't managed to equal Greg there....I'm listening to it the second time now, the melody sticks in your head....even though I'm not a very religous person. Well done!

When do we get the video on JCTV....:D

:D:D
Joe

great job eyema, guitars and drums sound good.

what do you use for drums? i'm guessing your crate amp made it on to this one.

my only nit is there seems to be a little uppermid heat on the vocals especially, and the whole mix in general. not a deal breaker though.

always thought crowder was great, a real innovator in my opinion.

again, your sound overall is very good.

later...

Thanks e-man!
Yes, Crowder IS great! I've seen him live many times, and I always leave happy.... :D
On this tune, I used Battery drum sampler, with some samples I bought off of ebay called "green drums." The wood-knock is from my EMU Emulator X sampler. The Crate amp isn't on this one at all, just my Line 6 Toneport DI with Gearbox Gold. Yes, this is an experiment for me. Usually, I get most of the meat of a song from the drums. On this, I'm trying to make it the guits the meat of the song, and the meat of the rhythm.

I agree about the vocals. Very thin and middy. The rest sounds pretty good. Generally a good mix overall. Maybe a little light on the bottom end. Kick could use some more boom.
Thanks Greg.... yep.... maybe I went too far carving the lows out.... I shall revisit it!

I agree with the previous posts.
The song is crispy, needs a little butter and low end.

Thanks!! I'm on it.

I've tried and tried and tried, but I just couldn't....terait up that it!:D
Shawn, this is absolutely beautiful!
Such a well-written song. Your voice sounds perfect, beautiful melodies and harmony. Recording sounds crystal clear to me. Ok, maybe the drums, but we haven't managed to equal Greg there....I'm listening to it the second time now, the melody sticks in your head....even though I'm not a very religous person. Well done!

When do we get the video on JCTV....:D

:D:D
Joe

Thanks Joe!
Yeah, maybe he could make some "Greg in a Box" samples..... Whatcha think, Greg?? Then, we can just load your drums up in our samplers!! ;)

Peace!!

~Shawn

Greg In A Box - Ha - good one.
Some rump & a vox tweak & you're done (until you get a drummer on it).
Well done - nice chime on the guitars.
Under the Covers wins again.

Thanks Joe!
Yeah, maybe he could make some "Greg in a Box" samples..... Whatcha think, Greg?? Then, we can just load your drums up in our samplers!! ;)

Peace!!

~Shawn
Lol. If I knew how to do that I would. :D

Those Drumkit from Hell and BFD or whatever programs can sound pretty damn good if you take your time "humanizing" the sounds.

Greg In A Box - Ha - good one.
Some rump & a vox tweak & you're done (until you get a drummer on it).
Well done - nice chime on the guitars.
Under the Covers wins again.

Some rump under the covers??? :p hee hee....

Lol. If I knew how to do that I would. :D

Those Drumkit from Hell and BFD or whatever programs can sound pretty damn good if you take your time "humanizing" the sounds.

Who you kiddin' man? If you don't know how, I KNOW you can figure it out!!
:D

Back