Ok. Conversion question!

GoetzManor

Ok guys,

You have helped me tremendously in the past, I was wondering if you could help me once more. So I have a .wav file of my snare drum that I would like to use on my recordings because I live in an apartment and recording the whole kit isn't an option. I'm currently using KT Drum Trigger for my triggering needs and it's been great so far, but I would really like to start using my own samples for recordings.

My question for you guys is this: If I convert my audio file into a MIDI file, can I assign it a number so that I can use that when I use my trigger VST? Am I making the process too easy or am I onto something here?

Thanks for all your advice and help!

Midi files are just triggers. A standard midi file is a series of triggers, but carries no sound.

So, no, you're not onto something here.

The KT drum trigger is set up as a detection VST for replacing existing drum parts, not for triggering single .wav files.

There is a bullet-proof sampler in the free ReaPlugs set - REAPER | ReaPlugs - and you can load your snare .wav into that and assign it a midi note number for triggering from your snare pad.

Back