OK bronze, here's a topic about looping/sampling software

gatorhaus

I am just starting out on making beats. What software do you guys use to make loops in. I've gotten a few suggestions about FL studio. But would like to hear everyones recommendations. A few years ago I used a drum loop program called hammerhead, for laying down basic rock beats. It was very easy to use and you could export it at whatever tempo and it saved as a wav file. I have also used Leaf Drums. I know these are probably too simplistic and you can only get basic drum beats with these.

let me know what ya'll think
larry

i really like to endorse the Sonic foundry (bought out by sony recently) products, such as Acid 4 pro, sound forge, etc...
the layout of the program is very user freindly, but then there is so much more to it once you find out how to use everything.
i wont go into all kinds of details, here is a link, that will tell you more about the products

http://mediasoftware.sonypictures.com/products/default.asp

peace
LB

YEAH I SEECOND

Acid 4.0,Fruity Loops, an soundforge.. Then all u need is a gang of samples an your good to go. (banginbeats.com has some really good one's reasonable pricing too)

Next you gonna have to start doing some research. (not really research but listen to as much hip hop as u can an see how the producers make patterns an go from there).I"m not saying copy or mock their patterns but it will give u a good idea where to start. I hope this helps

Peace,

Kevlar

Do you guys use keyboards to play your beats or just line it up in the computer? I have a 61 key midi controller. Which I use for piano, syths - VST instruments.

larry

i use my keyboard for instruments/sound effects when needed, but i have a whole library of one hit (not looped) kicks, snares, and misc. sound effects. i do my drum programing in acid, because the grid can be sectioned to 64th note triplets.

peace
LB

gatorhaus

if you are into rock music then you definitely want to invest in some samples. just to let you know, there is a thread on here with someone selling samples. you can pick up some guitars, drum kits, and hits. sonic foundry/sony, fruity loops are just the tools, the other 50 percent of it is what you put in them. hope this helps. btw, spinster has links posted all over this site with links to free samples.

Back